Every child loves Halloween! It's the perfect time to dress up as your favorite super hero or scary ghoul and gather as much candy as your little arms can carry. We would like to remind parents that while, fun and candy are the main goals, safety is also important. Below you will find some tips that will hopefully keep everyone safe this Halloween:
1. Take a photo of your children, it's not only good for blowing up Facebook feeds, its also perfect just in case an emergency arises.
2. Make sure your child's costume is safe. Is the fabric flame retardant? Does the mask they are wearing have proper opening around the eyes, mouth and nose and can they walk in it easily without tripping?
3. If you are headed out with a group make sure there is a buddy system in place, it's easy for a small child to get left behind or caught up in a mix of other children.
4. How many times have we all wished we had Little Johnny's mothers number in our phone? Please make sure if your children are trick or treating with someone else, you have an adult's number in your phone.
5. Check the candy bag! Stay away from homemade treats, unsealed/opened candy. Get rid of those immediately.
Enjoy your Halloween and Be Safe!